UNDERSTANDING THE REPORTING DASHBOARD
The platform features a reporting dashboard which is your go-to resource to quickly and easily understand your business spend. The report Dashboard is the default page when accessing the reporting module of the platform, and presents with you five graphs showing a six month history of spend. These graphs initially show you your own personal spend, however Company Administrators can use the Switch Scope option located on the top right hand side of the view, to increase the data to include the whole company’s spend, or the wider organisation if you have additional linked companies in your portfolio (See: Multi Company Reporting). The below represents this view:
The dashboard presents you with the following column charts:
- Spend Summary by Month: Get a quick view on spend over the past 6 months. A great way to check spend trends across time for your individual expenditure or across all users and the wider organisations to ensure you are spending within your expected range or if spending trends need to be addressed to meet financial conditions. Clicking on the Full Report button located in the top right hand side of each column chart will bring you to the Spend Summary report, a powerful tool for detailing total spend for your program.
- Top Send by Country: As a user, this dashboard shows in which currency you are spending. As a Company Administrator, this dashboard is great if you have travellers spending in different countries, travelling across continents or even just making purchases from international vendors. You can use this dashboard to spot non domestic spend and see where you may benefit from establishing in country payment accounts to save on exchange fees or if a focus on international tax reclaim is viable for your business. Clicking on the Full Report button will bring you to the Non Domestic Dend report, a powerful tool for spotting who is spending outside the domestic market or currency.
- Top Spend by Expense Type: The platform includes a number of pre-defined expense types, and to make reporting easier we have mapped these to certain types of merchant to make reporting friendly as spend is grouped in to common expense categories by default. This report groups the merchant types into expense types to see easily what is being purchased and spot trends or areas where purchasing policies should be investigated.
- Top Spend by MCC (Merchant Category Code): This report groups spend over a six month period to show the top MCC’s that have the highest amount of spend associated to them. The MCC is a code assigned to a particular merchant type by the payment network, the full list of industry MCC’s used are publicly available and maintained by Visa, MasterCard etc. In the event that transactions are managed in the service that do not have a defined MCC the relationship between MCC’s and Expense Types is used so that all spend can be reported on.
- Top Spend by Merchant: This report groups spend by Merchant and provides the Merchants with the top spend across a six month date range. Here you can see your top suppliers used and can use this dashboard and the associated report to ensure you are maximising any potential supplier discounts for volume and payment terms, which could improve cash flow and liquidity for your business.
- Top Spend by User (Administration ONLY): This report provides a spend by user view consolidating all spend by User for the defined date range. The chart is only available for users with Administration rights assigned
On any of the above dashboards you can click Full Report to see the detailed Predefined Report that drive the data presented in the Column Charts. Here you can apply more filters and view a data table of the transactions that are creating the reports.
Tip: You can use your pointer to hover over any of the bars in the dashboard to get more information about that column. Give it a try!