Audience: Neo1 Admins
The configurations options for Company Admins are built to help businesses manage business spend. To make it easy for Admins, 3 core menu options are available to this role and presented from the main navigation.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Your company details, address as well as any 3rd party connectors you wish to have established for your platform.
Step 1: To edit details of your company address select “Edit”.
Step 2: To establish connectors to 3rd party systems select the “Connect to…” button and the instructions / guiding notes will be presented to the user on how to connect. You will also need to ensure that the connection process is validated by the 3rd party as they in most cases have specific connection process you need to follow on their side also to get the two platforms properly integrated.
Tip: Connections with an orange “Connection pending” indicator show that although our connection is available we are working with the 3rd party to expand the scope of the offering.
If you would like to add additional connections at any time and you believe they would be beneficial to your business please email us at email@example.com.
Where you will add and manage user access and details.
Step 1: Go to settings, then “Users”.
Step 2: You will be presented with a list of all the users established in your platform including key details such as their supervisor, role, and status.
Step 3: You can edit current users details and create individual users from this view.
Common actions from this view for administrators cover:
- Searching for an individual user by using the search user field
- Selecting a user to edit their details by clicking the “Edit” pencil button against a user record
- Inviting a user to access the platform by selecting on the “Re-invite” button – this button is only active if the action is applicable
An Administrator can edit or create a user record and preform the following tasks:
- Define the users preferred default currency for reimbursements
- Define a log in name/email address
- Define an external ID that links the user to broader business systems such as Finance systems or Payroll this is typically the Employee Company ID
- Define a supervisor - must be a user in the platform
- Define the role of a user - User / Administration / Finance
- Define the status of a User:
- Deactivate - Has left the business, we do not delete users as we need to maintain their records for 7 years
- Locked - Has been locked out or locked for access temporarily
- Pending Invite - You wish to re-invite them to access the service once this is set you can select the “Reinvite” button and issue them a welcome email
See here for a detailed guide on creating a new users in Neo1.
From this screen you can configure the Accounting Segments to match those required by your business. Typically, a team will start with their chart of accounts.
The platform can support up to 20 accounting segments, however we strongly recommend that up to 4 are used as the user experience becomes complex if you expect your employees to understand and populate large volumes of financially driven information on all purchases.
See this guide for more information on creating (and managing) segments.
Note: Once you have implemented the platform, and have live usage, changes should be made with caution and strategically timed.
Changing live Segments when transactions have been loaded may cause transactions to error that are actively being managed in the workflow as segments and codes may no longer be valid.
On this page you can view the tax codes currently configured for your instance, and create new ones should you need to for additional countries / tax jurisdictions you may begin to do business in and or incur purchases from.
Expense types are pre-configured to enable meaningful reporting, and enable rapid set up using a configuration which typically fits most business spend types. However, you are free to rename, modify or deactivate expense types should you need to to refine the solution for your implementation.
See this guide for more information on mapping (and managing) expense types.
Presents a general set of configuration settings such as defining the % of expenses that are passed to Finance for review how tax should be managed etc.
As a Company Administrator, you can create spend policies which create amount limits on any Expense Type you wish to control. You can also create granular policies enabling different amounts to be configured by City location, for example you could set Accommodation City Caps per city, allowing your business users to expense high amounts in more expensive cities which allow you to deploy smarter expense policies. Spend policies are not restricted to travel and can extend across all types of spend (i.e. IT, Mileage, Entertainment).
Use this page to make configuration options to the mileage calculator built into the platform. From here you can manage the rates reimbursable to users and other settings to tailor the solution to your company.